SQUAT/SQUAD


This program has been so many things for me - enlightening and educational, most of all. But the one thing that has made all the difference has actually been the community. 

I doubt I could do any of this if I was soldiering on alone, and was accountable to no one. Without the support of the amazing, strong ladies doing the program with me and the gymbaes who have become good friends, I probably would have thrown in the towel 2.5 weeks in and called it quits with a binge or five. 

Just knowing there are so many others doing it alongside me and knowing I'm not alone in my struggles and challenges has been the biggest part of this equation. 



I love that no question posed to the community is ever too small, right down to how to make the best bowl of thick, delicious overnight oats or how to make a Quest bar more palatable. 

Trust me, when you realize you're not the only one bloating the whole week from the introduction of starches into your diet and that someone else has been binge-watching Tasty videos of 7 different churros recipes (not recommended), the world doesn't feel like such a lonely place for a girl who's quit sugar and processed junk.


Even the ladies who have done the program before have been completely supportive with their advice, tips and encouragement. When I hear someone telling me they know exactly how I feel because they've been through the long and short of it (and survived), it really is uplifting. Seriously, if personal cheerleading were a real career (oh wait, it is), our gym would have the most number of star hires ever.

Our coaches have also been wonderful as well! From patiently guiding us through sugar withdrawal symptoms to making us realize it's perfectly normal to feel out of sorts during our workouts when going through a program like this, I couldn't be more glad to have them in my corner. Except maybe when we're made to do what feels like the 247th burpee of the class. 



Thank you, each and every one of my fellow Squat pals. You are now my squad. 

Us crazy, strong, beautiful women can do ANYTHING we set our minds do. Nothing can stop us now!



Comments

Popular Posts